We need fun loving, hard-working, adventurous people with a passion to Serve God and others.
Ideal candidates are motivated, self starters who can take initiative and ownership of their roles while keeping up a positive + engaging energy for participants.
If you’d like to use your skills/talents to contribute to the project? Take a look at the volunteer opportunities below.
- Helping Instructors with lessons in the water, giving kids a push on the board.
- Helping kids carry boards from trailer to beach.
- Assisting the instructors with loading boards on the trailers.
- Requirements: Water confidence, Good interpersonal skills, Physically able to lift and load boards from trailer to beach + back. Ability to arrive 1hr prior to the start of each lesson to get into wetsuit and ensure you are ready for lesson and remain for 30 minutes at the end of the lesson to support students and pack up. An interest in coaching a plus.
- Setting up; Gazebos, Surf Boards + Washing Stations. Sizing Participants, Distributing + Washing Gear.
- Requirements: This is our most physically demanding position, participants must be able and willing to lift/hull heavy equipment such as gazebos, wetsuits, surf boards, tables, etc. Must be able to stay at the event until everything is washed + put away. Completed Volunteer Vetting Process (as described below). Experience Sizing Wetsuits a plus.
This role involves providing safe transport to groups either locally or from another part of Ireland to Portrush + back.
Requirements: A volunteer driver is allowed to drive a minibus up to 16 passenger seats (in addition to the driver) for social purposes by a noncommercial body, provided that the driver has held a full B license for at least 2 years, is 21 years old or over and under 70 years old (unless s/he has passed PCV Medical and gained restriction 120) and the vehicle meets the weight restrictions.
In the republic of Ireland, a person driving a minibus must have a full category D driving license for which they must sit a theory and practical test.Volunteer!
- Shopping, cooking, serving meals for large groups and washing up after w. the help of Kitchen Helpers, according to food safety standards.
- Requirements: Cooking experience, Completion of Food Safety + Volunteer Vetting Process (as described below).
- Assisting the Kitchen Supervisor w. meal preparation, serving meals and wash up.
- Requirements: Ability to follow instructions and stay at the event until clean up is complete. Completion of Food Safety + Volunteer Vetting Process (as described below). Kitchen Experience a plus.
- Facilitate team building games + various group activities. Keeping large groups of participants engaged, in a fun and positive way, moving them safely from one venue to another.
- Requirements:Completed Volunteer Vetting Process (as described below).
- Photographing or filming participants for documentation + promotion. Putting together slideshow for viewing immediately following event using PowerPoint. Social Media updates.
- Requirements: Experience with Photography or Video, familiarity with Apple Products, PowerPoint + Social Media Platforms. Completed Volunteer Vetting Process (as described below).
Residential Camp Supervisor
- Organize + Supervise groups of participants for residential camps. Moving them safely between venues, keep kids on schedule, nurture + encourage participants while keeping them in line according to discipline guidelines.
- Requirements: Over the age of 18. Completed Volunteer Vetting Process (as described below). Experience leading/supervising groups a plus.
If you’d like to be apart of what we do, we’d love to have you. However the safety of our participants is our priority so we require all volunteers to complete the following Volunteer Vetting Process, prior to volunteering.
Complete + Return Reference Request Forms (2)
Participate in a Child Protection Evening or Safeguarding Course. NOTE: These are not offered often, so please click the link + get to one as soon as possible.