Join the adventure!
We need fun, hard-working, adventurous people with a passion to Serve God and others. Ideal candidates are motivated, self starters who can take initiative and ownership of their roles while keeping up a positive + engaging energy for participants.
Surfing in its very nature is quite a selfish sport. It is all about "taking" the best waves possible for self enjoyment. At The Surf Project we like to highlight the difference between surfing and serving (or taking and giving). There is real joy in helping others experience fulfilled lives. Here are some different things that we need help with.
- Helping instructors with surf lessons
- Helping kids carry equipment
- Assisting instructors with equipment
- Water confidence
- Good interpersonal skills
- Physically able to lift and load equipment
- Arrive 1hr before each lesson to prepare
- Remain 30 minutes at the end to pack up
- An interest in coaching a plus
Gear & Equipment
- Set up gazebos, boards & wash stations
- Sizing Participants
- Distributing & washing gear
- This is our most physically demanding role. Volunteers must be able and willing to lift/haul heavy equipment such as gazebos, wetsuits, surfboards, tables, etc.
- Must be able to stay at the event until everything is washed + put away
- Experience Sizing Wetsuits a plus
- This role involves providing safe transport to groups either locally or from another part of Ireland to Portrush + back
- Transporting up to 16 passengers
- Driver must have held a full B license for at least 2 years
- 21 years old or over and under 70 years old (unless passed PCV Medical and gained restriction 120)
- Vehicle must meet the weight restrictions
- In ROI, driver must have a full category D license
- Shopping, cooking, serving meals for large groups
- Washing up afterwards
- Maintain food safety standards
- Cooking experience
- Completion of Food Safety
- Assisting the Kitchen Supervisor
- Meal preparation
- Washing up
- Ability to follow instructions
- Stay at event until clean up is complete
- Completion of Food Safety
- Kitchen Experience a plus
- Facilitate team building activities
- Keeping large groups engaged
- Fun & positive outlook
- Moving kids safely between venues
- Common sense
- Positive outlook
- Photographing or filming participants
- Putting together slideshow for viewing immediately following event using PowerPoint
- Social Media updates
- Experience with Photography or Video
- Familiarity with Apple platform
- PowerPoint + Social Media experience
- Organize groups for residential camps
- Moving them safely between venues
- Keep kids on schedule
- Care for + encourage participants
- Keep them orderly(!)
- Must be over 18
Volunteer Vetting Process
The safety of our participants is our priority and we therefore require all volunteers to complete the following prior to volunteering:
- Complete the The Surf Project Application
- Return the main application + Next of Kin document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribute the Reference Request form to (2) references and have them return email@example.com.
- Read through the Volunteer Packet + return Declaration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If volunteering in Northern Ireland, complete the Volunteer Packet (N. Ireland) and return to email@example.com.
- If volunteering in The Republic, complete the Volunteer Packet (For The Republic) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in a Child Protection Evening or Safeguarding Course. NOTE: These are not offered often, so please click the link + get to one as soon as possible.
In addition to completing the paperwork above, click the volunteer button below to be added to our volunteer list, to receive emails of when opportunities come up.
Any Questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com